Friday, July 17, 2015

Beauty in the Time of Crohn's (And other chronic conditions!)


Beautifully Chronic, because everyone deserves to feel beautiful.

Today I decided to start a blog about two things that are important to me and I have always been passionate about, my chronic conditions and beauty.  When you have a chronic illness, finding the right beauty and skincare products that are both good for sensitive skin AND are strong enough to deal with the many side effects of the various medication required when you have an active chronic condition, can be tiring and sometimes overwhelming.

I have Crohn's, Takayasu's Arteritis, Arthritis, Psoriasis, Osteoporosis, Abdominal Migraines, AND Acid Reflux Disease, so needless to say the side effects of the many medications I am on can be overwhelming and disheartening.  My weight also varies widely and I can be anywhere from 105 lbs. to 185 lbs. and that can make finding the right outfits that complement you at different weights trying.  My hope is that through this blog I can help use my experiences as well as learn from others to help address the many different concerns individuals with chronic conditions have when it comes to beauty.

No comments:

Post a Comment